LaSharnda Beckwith, Ph.D.
SAGU Department Chair, Business
- [email protected]
- Ph.D., Capella University
- M.A., Webster University
- MBA, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- B.S., Berry University
About Dr. Beckwith
Dr. LaSharnda Beckwith is the chair of the Department of Business and the MBA/MOL programs at Harrison Graduate School at Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, TX.
Dr. LaSharnda Beckwith is an international traveler and although born in New York, she has lived in many states and two countries while working for the Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). She retired from AAFES as the Vice President of Eastern Region, where she was responsible for profit and loss for operations on the East Coast, which included Thule, Greenland and Honduras.
Prior she was Vice President of Corporate University in AAFES; she was responsible for training and development of employees and leaders worldwide. She is an author, radio talk show personality, motivational speaker, coach designer and trainer. She is a monthly contributor to Wordsmith Journal Magazine, where she writes her column titled “The Power of Positive Faith.”
Dr. Beckwith is a graduate of Capella University, with a Doctorate of Philosophy in Organization & Management with a specialization in Leadership. She has an MBA with Distinction from Embry-Riddle University and a Masters of Arts in Business Management with a minor in Human Resource Development from Webster University. Her undergraduate degree from Barry University is in Professional Studies.
Dr. Beckwith holds two lifetime professional certifications: Certified Professional Project Manager and Certified Management Professional from the Management Science Institute.
She has completed several Executive Management Programs at University of Michigan, the Center of Creative Leadership and Wharton School of Business.
- Beckwith, A.L. (2010). Transcendental Leadership in Action: An Exploration of How Self-Identified Transcendental Leaders Build a Culture of Workplace Spirituality.
- Beckwith, A.L. (2009). “Realizing the American Dream.” presented to participants at the AAFES Black History month session.
- Beckwith, A.L. (2006). “Balance Scorecard for Corporate University.” develop presented to Senior Executives, Army and Air Force Exchange Service, Dallas, TX. 2004-2006
- Beckwith, A.L. (1995). The Business of AAFES. Army and Air Force Exchange Service. 1995