Manage your academic records, courses, and application for graduation.

Order Transcript Enrollment/Degree Verifications

Office Of Registrar – Name Change

Contact Info

Phone: 972-825-4640
Email: [email protected]


Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm

Updating Record

What are acceptable legal documents?

Southwestern Assemblies of God University requires that an individual's full LEGAL name be included on the student's records. Upon admission to the University, every effort is made to ascertain the applicant's LEGAL name. Once the legal name has been determined, that becomes the official name of record. It will only be changed by the Office of the Registrar upon presentation of a written request and legal documents to validate the name change.

The legal document must be the original document or a certified copy of the original document.

Acceptable documents include:

  • marriage certificate/license
  • divorce decree including reinstatement of former name
  • annulments
  • court order for legal name change
  • adoption documents
  • Social Security Card

Procedure for changing the legal name

Bring a copy of a marriage certificate and other form of ID to the Office of the Registrar either in person, by email ( [email protected] ) or by mail

Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Attn: Office of the Registrar
1200 Sycamore
Waxahachie, TX 75165

Change of Address

If you are seeking to change your address, please use the Change of Address form by clicking here .

Back to Top