Learn how financial aid may reduce your total costs.

Net Price Calculator Cost Estimator

Vaccination Policies

Effective January 1, 2012, the Texas Legislature passed new regulations (with limited exceptions) that affect all students planning to take classes on the SAGU campus. Please read the following very carefully:

Meningitis Vaccination (state requirement):

  • All new or transfer SAGU students wishing to take classes on the SAGU campus must have received the Meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years.
  • SAGU students who do not attend during a fall or spring semester but wish to return to classes must also receive the Meningitis vaccine.
  • Regardless of program (on campus or distance education, undergraduate or graduate), students wishing to take on campus classes must receive the Meningitis vaccine.
  • You are strongly encouraged to receive the vaccine as soon as possible at your local clinic or doctor’s office. You must receive the vaccine ten (10) days prior to beginning classes and/or moving into SAGU housing.
  • Students 30 years of age or older, or students only taking online classes (no on campus classes) are NOT required to receive the Meningitis vaccine.

Influenza Vaccination:

The influenza vaccine is strongly recommended for all students.

Student should submit official documents from a doctor’s office or medical clinic indicating they have received the vaccine. Documents should be submitted as soon as possible and before arrival on campus. Students will not be allowed to move into University housing or begin classes until these requirements are met.

By state law students are able to receive an exemption from vaccinations. Exemptions may be granted by submitting:

  • Signed certificate from a physician indicating that in the physician’s opinion, the vaccination required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student, or
  • Affidavit signed by the student and notarized stating that the student declines the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. A conscientious exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services must be used. http://webds.dshs.state.tx.us/immco/affidavit.shtm
Back to Top