The Mission of the Student Counseling Center is to offer free, confidential, and Biblically-based counseling to students, staff, and faculty of Southwestern Assemblies of God University.
The Counseling Center is located on the first floor of Bridges Hall.
- Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis - Sept. 17, 2012 & Jan. 28, 2013: 10:15 am and 4:00 pm in Foster #113
- Relationship Seminar - Oct. 30-Nov. 1
- Marriage Seminar - Nov. 27-29
- Relationship Seminar - Feb. 10-12
- Engaged Seminar - Mar. 26-28
In-Take Process for Counseling Appointments
- Call the Counseling Center at Ext 4721 (972-825-4721) or stop by our office, which is located on the first floor of Bridges Hall, to schedule an appointment.
Prior to your Counseling appointment you will need to:
- Fill out an intake form (20 minutes)
- Take the Millon College Counseling Inventory (30 minutes)
SAGU’s Counseling Services Office was established in order to assist the growing needs of students and continues to be a source of valuable counsel to the current student body. Counseling Services are free to Students, Faculty and Staff of Southwestern Assemblies of God University.
Many services are available to students:
- Students have the opportunity to come in for office visits by appointment, take the Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis, and even attend seminars.
- SDE students may receive confidential counseling by phone or e-mail.
- Couples may benefit from quality pre-marital and marital counseling, receive the “Prepare/Enrich” for engaged and married couples, and take any available personality analysis and/or compatibility tests.
- Subjects covered in seminars address issues dealing with dating, marriage, grief, parenting, life-controlling problems, etc.
Counseling Services Include:
- Personal/Individual Counseling
- Premarital/Marriage Counseling
- Free Seminars/Training Opportunities
- Weekly Discussion Groups
- Taylor Johnson-Temperament Analysis
Treatment Topics Include:
- Substance Abuse
- Dating/Engaged-Premarital/Marital Issues
- Overcoming Grief/Loss
- Sexuality Issues
- Eating Disorders/Weight-Body Issues
- Anger Management
- Conflict Resolution
- And More…