Information Technology Senior Director
Salary Range: $1700 to $2750 Bi-weekly
The purpose of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross culturally so as to successfully fill evangelistic, missionary and church ministry roles and to provide quality educational and professional Christian service wherever needed throughout the world.
This position will oversee and manage the Network and Systems of the University and maintain the health, resources, and security required by the network and the university users. Also, this position provides budgetary oversight and planning for the Information Technology Assessment Reviews and budget.
- Keep the Network Operating Systems at levels supported by the vendors and at levels required by the university operations.
- Keep the Network Operating Systems patched to current levels for security and operational requirements.
- Provide oversight to maintain a reasonable system to upgrade server hardware as the technology and users require for proper functionality.
- Create and maintain all fiber and copper infrastructure required for all university users.
- Maintain and program all switches and routers for optimum performance and proper routing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve networking and connectivity issues
- Maintain and ensure all DHCP servers and DNS servers are functional and properly configured
- Maintain and ensure all Proxy and ISA settings are correct. Report monthly significant Internet Access Violations to proper university officials
- Make sure all critical data is on a proper and viable backup cycle for disaster recovery.
- Produce the required annual Assessment Review duly acknowledging strengths, weaknesses and university options
- Develop and submit an annual proposed budget, and defend it when required.
- Keep the department expenditures within the approved budget.
- Provide training for as much of the department as possible
- Identify unique skills and abilities of employees and augment those skill with training opportunities
- Reports to the designated Vice President
- Works with the Director of Campus Software for network support and availability of Campus Software
- Provides leadership and direction for Department of Information Technology employees.
- An expert level of expertise in Microsoft Network Operating Systems including NDS and AD
- A good understanding of TCP/IP and Cisco IOS
- An overall and experiential knowledge of network applications and theory
- Good management and planning skills
- Must have good communication and people skills.
Application Process: Applications are available in the Human Resources office or one can be downloaded and printed at www.sagu.edu/employment. All 4 pages of the application, the President’s Letter and the Background Check page must be completed before the applicant will be considered for employment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office. An online application is also available at https://sagu.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/.
This position is exempt