IT Support Specialist
IT Support SpecialistLevel G-04
Salary Range: $10 to $18 hourly
The purpose of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross culturally so as to successfully fill evangelistic, missionary and church ministry roles and to provide quality educational and professional Christian service wherever needed throughout the world.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide first and second level hardware and applications support to the faculty, staff, and student users of the SAGU IT system.
- Provide first and second level of support for helpdesk tickets involving hardware or software issues, including, but not limited to, laptops, computers, software, and printers
- Communicate with outside vendors as necessary for warranty and support issues that cannot be resolved
- Manage the setup and tear down of IT equipment for events hosted at SAGU such as, but not limited to, Fine Arts, NSO’s, and Lion’s Fair
- Escalate issues as necessary to appropriate IT staff to facilitate a timely resolution
- Learn and maintain first level networking skills, including cabling and testing
- Good communication skills - the ability to discern when material is not properly understood
- Ability to work with all ages, from college freshmen to career educational professionals
- Two years’ experience in troubleshooting hardware and network troubleshooting issues or equivalent training
- Be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds with no difficulty
- Have a good overall understanding of desktop applications and systems run on a web-based client environment
This is a 40 hours per week job, but the working hours may vary due to events like student move-ins, registration, and other issues. Some evening hours and weekend hours may be required. The standard schedule must be 8 AM to 5 PM with a 1 hour lunch.
Application Process: Applications are available in the Human Resources office or one can be downloaded and printed at www.sagu.edu/employment. All 4 pages of the application, the President’s Letter and the Background Check page must be completed before the applicant will be considered for employment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office. An online application is also available at https://sagu.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/.