Academic Scholarships (New First Time Freshmen)
- There are different levels of Academic Scholarships with different eligibility requirements and amounts. See each individual scholarship below for more information. For complete eligibility requirements, please see the Financial Aid Handbook.
- Academic Scholarships are awarded based on a point system. Students can receive points for GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
- In order to qualify for an academic scholarship, a student must have a minimum ACT score of 21 or SAT score of 1470 and a High School and/or previous College GPA of at least 3.0.
- Students must enroll full-time to be eligible for an Academic Scholarship.
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarships are renewable each semester for the same amount if the student maintains minimum cumulative GPA requirements and continues to enroll full-time.
- Academic scholarships are awarded differently for first time and transfer students. The amount of transfer hours affects whether high school or college GPA is used and whether ACT/SAT test scores are required. Students that transfer in 30+ hours from an accredited university can qualify for a scholarship based solely on previous college cumulative GPA.
The University Scholarship is a high honor given only to new students that have demonstrated a commitment to academics, community service, and spiritual integrity. This is a scholarship equal to 100% of a student’s tuition costs each semester. Room, board, and fees are not included. University Scholars must live on campus in SAGU housing to receive the 100% tuition grant. Students living off campus will receive a 50% tuition discount. Some University Scholar Finalists will not qualify for a full tuition scholarship and will receive 50% off tuition if living on campus and 25% off tuition if living off campus (minimum of $2500 per semester). A limited number of Regent Scholars will be named as University Scholarship Finalists, and a limited number of finalists will be named full tuition University Scholars.
Only students that are eligible for the Regent Scholarship may apply for the University Scholarship. All required information must be submitted by March 15 (fall) or November 15 (spring) for consideration as a University Scholar. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the number of University Scholars is limited. Therefore, students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for the University Scholarship, you must submit the following information:
- Undergraduate Academic Scholarship Application
- High School transcript
- ACT or SAT test scores
- Resume showing activities, offices held, and honors in church, school and community
- Letters of recommendation from pastor, teacher, school counselor and/or other professionals
- 500-700 word essay that explains why you are choosing SAGU and your future plans and goals
$5,000 is awarded annually ($2,500 per semester) to students with 14 or more quality points. Renewable if you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and enroll full-time.
$4,000 is awarded annually ($2,000 per semester) to students with 11 - 13 quality points. Renewable if you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and enroll full-time.
Vice Presidential Scholarship:
$3,000 is awarded annually ($1,500 per semester) to students with 9 or 10 quality points. Renewable if you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and enroll full-time.
$2,000 is awarded annually ($1,000 per semester) to students with 5 - 8 quality points. Renewable if you maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and enroll full-time.
Submission of application, transcripts and ACT or SAT scores for consideration for the University Scholarship is March 15 for fall and November 15 for spring.
Submission of application, transcripts, and ACT or SAT scores to be considered for the Regent, President, Vice-President or Professor Scholarship is July 15 (fall) and November 15 (spring).
The points for each scholarship are listed below. To determine which scholarship you are eligible for, add the points from your GPA and test score.
|3.90 - 4.00 = 5pts||36 = 15pts||2400 = 15pts|
|3.70 - 3.89 = 4pts||35 = 14pts||2340 - 2390 = 14pts|
|3.50 - 3.69 = 3 pts||34 = 13pts||2260 - 2330 = 13pts|
|3.30 - 3.49 = 2pts||33 = 12pts||2190 - 2250 = 12pts|
|3.00 - 3.29 = 1pts||32 = 11pts||2130 - 2180 = 11pts|
|31 = 10pts||2040 - 2120 = 10pts|
|30 = 9pts||1980 - 2030 = 9pts|
|29 = 8pts||1920 - 1970 = 8pts|
|28 = 7pts||1860 - 1910 = 7pts|
|27 = 6pts||1820 - 1850 = 6pts|
|26 = 5pts||1760 - 1810 = 5pts|
|25 = 4pts||1700 - 1750 = 4pts|
|24 = 3pts||1650 - 1690 = 3pts|
|23 = 2pts||1590 - 1640 = 2pts|
|22 = 1pts||1530 - 1580 = 1pts|