General Policies & Requirements - Institutional Aid
SAGU provides many institutional scholarships and grants. The following is important information regarding policies and requirements to receive institutional aid at SAGU.
- Applications are available on each individual scholarship and grant page.
- Students are required to apply for institutional aid prior to the end of late registration each semester. After the end of late registration, students cannot be awarded any additional institutional financial aid even if otherwise eligible.
- All institutional scholarships and grants are subject to available funding. It is possible for a student to not receive a scholarship/grant that they would have otherwise been eligible to receive simply because there is no more funding available. Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to receive institutional aid.
- Students can generally receive more than one institutional scholarship at a time, though some scholarships cannot be combined. Please see each individual scholarship page for details.
- Students may only receive one institutional grant at a time.
- Institutional aid is capped at 100% off tuition for students living on campus in SAGU housing.
- Institutional aid is capped at 50% off tuition for students living off campus.
- Special program students (School of Ministry, Engage in Missions and Dual Credit) are not eligible to receive any institutional aid other than their program discount.
- The maximum discount for doctoral students is 25% off tuition.
- Athletes first enrolled at SAGU beginning in Fall 2014 or later cannot receive both an athletic scholarship and other institutional financial aid at the same time.
- Students receiving a RA, SMA, Student Congress or Traveling Ministry Group scholarship cannot receive more than 150% off tuition in total institutional aid.