William Armistead, Ph.D.
Program Coordinator, Psychology; Professor, Psychology/Criminal Justice
- Post-Doctoral American Psychological Association Approved Internship in Clinical Psychology
- Dwight David Eisenhower Army Medical Center.
- Ph.D., University of Santo Tomas - Manila
- M.Div., Oral Roberts University
- M.C.J., University Central Texas
- M.Ed., University of the Philippines
- B.A., University of North Texas
Professional Experience: 25 years in the mental health field. Licensed clinical psychologist. Licensed professional counselor. Served as Chief, Child and Adolescent Services in hospital psychiatry department for a military population of over 50,000 families. Served as Director of Clinical Services for two adolescent facilities. Dr. Armistead has several years of correctional administration and treatment experience along with conducting correctional psychological evaluations. Former Clinical Psychologist in the Army and Department of Defense. Served as Clinical Trainer for state agency over five years. Professor at SAGU since 2001. Dr. Armistead has many years of teaching, training, and clinical administrative and supervisory experience on the undergraduate, graduate and professional level prior to coming to SAGU. This has included teaching in both private and public university settings.