SMA Apparel Line
1st Annual Futsal Christmas Classic Tournament
The priority in Futsal is to motivate players in an environment that is conducive to learning. The more pleasure kids & adults derive from their participation, the more they wish to play and practice on their own. While their instinct to play is natural, their affection and appreciation for soccer must be cultivated. Futsal is the foundation to such goals because it:
- Allows players to frequently touch the one "toy" on the field, namely, the ball.
- Presents many opportunities to score goals and score goals often.
- Encourages regaining possession of the ball as a productive, fun and rewarding part of the game (defending).
- Maximizes active participation and minimizes inactivity and boredom.
- Provides a well-organized playing environment with improvised fields.
- Reflects the philosophy of player development expressed in state and national coaching schools.
- Eliminates complicated rules such as off-sides that may hinder youngsters from "playing".
- Reflects the appropriate roll of the coach as a Facilitator.
- Makes the game friendlier because the game is simpler.
- Allows the game to be the teacher!
Futsal Rules (Five-a-Side Soccer)
- #4 Ball - 30% less bounce
- 5 players
- Unlimited “flying” substitutions (12 Players on a Team)
- Stopped Clock
- 20 minute halves
- 1 time-out per half
- Goal Clearance (throw)
- No shoulder charges or sliding tackles
- 4-second rule on restarts
- No Offside Rule
- No restrictions, but limited to 4 seconds
- Goalkeeper cannot touch by hand a ball played back
- One back pass to Goalkeeper
- Player sent off can be substituted for after 2 minutes or other has scored
- Corner kick placed on corner
Location: SAGU Campus
Date: December 19-20, 2014 (Friday & Saturday)