P.C. Nelson Distinguished Alumnus Award
P.C. Nelson Distinguished Alumnus Award is awarded to an alumni who has achieved prominence in a particular field of service and demonstrated outstanding loyalty and service to SAGU.
- Individual who has attended SAGU or one of the founding Institutes at least one year
- All Administrators/Faculty may be considered with at least ten years service
- An individual of integrity, stature, ability and renown
- Continued interest in SAGU and the Alumni Association through Contributed time, talent, money to one or more SAGU programs
- Distinguished in his/her chosen life work
- Reflects in deed and/or action the importance of his/her Christian Education at SAGU
Eligible: Any Alumni in good standing, SAGU Administration/Staff/Faculty
Ineligible: Elected officers of the Alumni Association, member of Awards Committee, or has been a student of SAGU within the previous 10 years.
Distinguished Alumnus Service Award
- Individual who exemplifies the spirit, philosophy and vision of SAGU
- Has or is presently demonstrating outstanding, dedicated, faithful service to SAGU beyond the call of duty
- Reflects his/her Christian Faith in work and deed
- Demonstrates pride, interest, participation and loyalty to his/her Alma Mater
- Integrity and stature so that SAGU will be proud of this recognition
- Demonstrates continuing interest in SAGU by contributing time, talents, or money to benefit SAGU
Distinguished Faculty Award
Distinguished Faculty Award is bestowed upon a faculty member in recognition of notable service in his/her academic field, community, state, nation or unusual performance in the classroom.
- Individual who has taught at SAGU for 10 or more years
- Has contributed to religious/secular education: written articles, papers, books which merit recognition; has done significant research in their field; composed hymns, songs or musical pieces or received renown in the music field; or made significant contribution to the Arts, Sciences, Religion or other areas and received wide recognition
- Received/Earned merit awards from the church, educational societies, Communities, states or nation.
- Unusual acclaim for performance in the classroom.
Honorary Alumnus Award
- Individual who did not attend SAGU
- Individual of such integrity, stature, and ability that Administration/Faculty/Staff/Alumni will appreciate the recognition.
- Has manifested interest in SAGU and the Alumni Association and contributed time, talent or money to benefit the University.