David Bush Scholarship
David Benjamin Bush went to be with the Lord on Monday, March 17, 2014. He was a mighty warrior who fought cancer up to the very end and is now enjoying the glory of the Father.
David graduated from high school at 15 years of age from Faith Christian Academy in West Plains, Mo. That fall, he went to South Africa to help with Shayundima School of Tomorrow and assisted in introducing curriculum to the school staff. He attended the International Institute of ACE in Lewisville, TX. He went on to receive his Bachelor's of Art in Education degree through distance education from Louisiana Baptist University. He had the honor of working for Southwestern in the IT department and later as IT Director for many years. He always felt very blessed to work with such a wonderful team of individuals.
David's priorities in life were Faith, Family and Friends. He was a loving soul who gave his life to serving God and others. He had suffered many losses in life and understood pain and hardship and turned that around to help those in need. He had a witty personality that could make others laugh. He loved people and celebrated various cultures coming together. He helped alongside a couple of college friends to plant a multi-cultural church called Harmony Church. He later had the privilege of pastoring the same church, whose name had been changed to Harmony Tabernacle. His desire when becoming pastor was to see the glory of God fall and change the lives of others daily. He married Joy Golter on June 16, 2006 in Waxahachie, TX. He loved her with all his soul and made her life beautiful in every way. He loved and deeply cared for his family and always enjoyed making them happy. He held his friends close to his heart and was blessed by those that loved him.
David was asked by his Royal Ranger leader how he should leave a campsite, he responded the only way he had been taught--"A little better than you found it." That was his motto in life and he carried it through in everything he did.
- “David was the greatest gift God could have given me. He was my beloved, soul-mate, friend, and rock. He always believed in me and cherished me and made my life beautiful in every way.”-Joy Bush, Wife
- “David’s passion was for the church to be strengthened and equipped to reach the lost. To this end he prayed and devoted his time and energy with a sense of urgency.” -Anne Bush, Mother
- “David Bush has inspired us by his courageous faith. He has motivated us to serve God’s Kingdom by his passion for ministry. And, he has taught us to cherish the gift of life.” -Rev. Gregg Headley, Mentor
- “David fought the good fight, finished his race, and kept the faith in a manner I have seldom witnessed in my life. This remarkable brother inspired believers to a deeper faith while unbelievers had the opportunity to witness and encounter the reality of God.” -Dr. Kermit Bridges, SAGU President
- “Words cannot explain the faith David and Joy Bush demonstrated in the midst of their battle with cancer. Their love for each other and their Savior left a lasting imprint and their story will continue to touch many more lives for years to come. Heaven gained a hero of the faith and set an incredible example for all of us to follow!” -Coach Donnie Bostwick