Veterans Tuition Assistance
The Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier's professional and personal self-development goals. All Active Duty Soldiers (officers, warrant officers, enlisted) are authorized to participate in the TA program through the GoArmyEd portal (subject to qualifying criteria).
The Department of Defense (DoD) has directed a uniform TA fiscal policy across the military services. Currently, the established semester hour cap is $250 and each Solider has an annual ceiling of $4,500. Authorized fees covered by TA are mandatory fees that are associated with an individual course enrollment. Non-reimbursable fees and fees that are not linked to individual course enrollments (e.g. application fees, graduation fees) are not covered by TA.
TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning. The courses must be offered by colleges that are accredited by accrediting agencies that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. SAGU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Army Tuition Assistance
- Navy Tuition Assistance
- Marines Tuition Assistance
- Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
- National Guard Tuition Assistance
Reserve Tuition Assistance
Many members of the Selective Reserve are eligible for tuition assistance. However, each of the Armed Forces determines how to administer their own Tuition Assistance (TA). Contact your local Reserve Education Office for assistance with TA or any other voluntary education assistance.
- Army Reserve (USAR) – Army Reservist may go to : https://rcms.ocar.army.pentagon.mil/education/ and sign in to submit TA requests online.
- Navy Reserve (USNR) https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/ta_info.aspx
- Marine Reserve (USMCR) – must apply for and receive written authorization for TA through the appropriate Education Officer
- Air Force Reserve (USAFR) http://www.afrc.af.mil/ – contact the Education Service Officer for an application
- Coast Guard Reserve (USCGR) http://www.uscg.mil/default.asp – contact the Education Service Officer for an application
Tuition Assistance Procedures
- The Soldier must declare a specific degree as an educational goal and obtain a degree map. TA will only be approved for courses that are listed on the degree map or lead to the goal. Soldiers need to establish an educational goal with an Admissions Representative (972-825-4640).
- Submit a TA Authorization Form to the Accounts Receivable Office:
- Fax: 972.923.8147
- Mail: SAGU, Attn: Tuition Assistance; Accounts Receivable, 1200 Sycamore St, Waxahachie, TX 75165