How to activate Veterans' benefits at SAGU
1) Apply for admission to SAGU online or call 888.937.7248.
2) Verify eligibility and Chapter
Visit the VA Educational Benefits Website and/or call the Veteran Educational Benefit Office at 888.442.4551.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Transfer Benefits to Dependents
- Marine GYSGT John David Fry Scholarship
- SAGU does not qualify for Yellow Ribbon as tuition is well below the highest state school tuition.
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Active Duty (MGIB-AD) (Chapter 30)
- Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
*** If you do not meet any of the above Chapters, but feel that you are eligible for VA benefits, please contact the VA for other available chapters.***
3) Complete an application for VA Education Benefits:
First time using benefits:
Used benefits at another institution:
4) Provide a copy of VA Form DD-214 if you are a veteran.
5) Provide official transcripts from previous college(s) attended.
6) Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility