All applicants admitted for studies at Southwestern must evidence a born again spiritual experience as defined by the following passages of Scripture: John 3:3; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; and I John 1:7-10. Applicants are expected to have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord and be striving to live a Christian lifestyle. A Christian character reference is required (not required for licensed or ordained ministers with the Assemblies of God or other recognized denominations) as part of the application process.
It is the purpose of the University to establish in students high standards of Christian conduct and to encourage them to maintain high standards of conduct. Applicants who are engaging in conduct that is generally regarded as less than exemplary will be denied admission.
Entering Freshmen & Transfer Students
For admissions consideration into Southwestern Assemblies of God University, applicants for admission must complete the following steps:
- Submit a completed and signed application for admission, including a well-written essay discussing salvation experience.
- Enclose a $35 non-refundable application fee; this fee is a one-time processing charge.
- Submit Christian Character Reference Form.
- This form should be completed by a pastor or church leader who knows the applicant well and is not a relative.
- Submit an official high school transcript showing date of graduation and minimum GPA of 2.0* from an accredited public or private high school, home school, or proof of high school equivalency (GED).
- Submit ACT or SAT scores taken within the last 5 years. The minimum scores required for the ACT is a composite score of 19*, or a combined SAT score of 1350* (Critical Reading + Math + Writing).
- If 21 hours of accredited general education credit is transferred into SAGU, then a high school transcript and test scores will not be required.
- Official transcripts from each college attended must be sent directly from that college to SAGU.
All materials submitted during the admissions process become property of SAGU and will not be returned. Applications steps can be mailed to:
SAGU Admissions Office
1200 Sycamore St
Waxahachie, TX 75165
* Students who do not meet the minimum academic admissions requirements may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis as determined by the Admissions Committee. Contact your Admissions Counselor (On Campus Admissions Counselors | Online Admissions Counselors) for more information.