Engage in Missions
SAGU partners with career missionaries to provide on-the-field missions training and up to 60 hours of study. Completion of these hours would enable you to enter college as a Junior when you return from your mission assignment.
Students in this program receive a special half-tuition rate.
This unique program works in combination with our distance education program. SAGU’s web-based delivery creates an ideal format to learn wherever your mission assignment may take you. Online courses give you the ability to network with peers, receive instruction from SAGU professors, and complete assignments at your own pace.
To learn more about Engage, visit the web site: www.engagemylife.com.
Countries & Missionaries Currently Accepting Engage Students
- Czech Republic - Jason Morrison
- Greece - Tony Sebastian
- United Kingdom - Andy Reed (available soon)
- Cambodia - Paul Dobson (available soon)
- Panama - Garritt Kenyon
- Nicaragua - Ken Doutt
- Dominican Republic - Nelson De Freitas
- Costa Rica - John Musacchio (available soon)
- Congo - Bill Shaw (available soon)
- South Africa - Jim Ramseu (available soon)
- Zanzibar - Roger Kuykendall (available soon)
- Russia - Kara Cusic
Contact Engage or SAGU Admissions for other available locations not listed.
How to Begin
- Complete the pre-application on the Engage application page.
- After submitting your information online and your pre-application as been approved by Engage, you will be given a password to access all the neccessary enrollment materials on the application page. Fill out the Engage application and the AGWM application and follow the instructions on the documents to submit them.
- Once you have been contacted by a representative from the Assemblies of God World Missions (AGWM) "Missionary Abroad Placement Service" (MAPS) department, you will be required to submit character references to AGWM (instructions will be given by an AGWM representative). After submitting character references to AGWM, the director of ENGAGE will be notified by AGWM that you have been approved to participate in the program. If Engage also approves you, proceed to step 5.
After AGWM approval you will be allowed to apply to Southwestern Assemblies of God University for this special program. During this phase, you will be contacted by an SAGU admissions counselor. Your admissions counselor will guide you through the admissions and registration process for your online courses.
- Submit an online application.
- Submit $35.00 application fee.
- Have official high school transcript mailed to SAGU.
- Have ACT/SAT scores sent to SAGU.
- Have character reference forms from AGWM faxed to SAGU (972.923.8123).
- Have an official copy of college transcript sent to SAGU (if applicable).
- Attend New Student Orientation on SAGU campus
- Raise your support and fly to your country of calling.