Supporting Information for Faculty Applicants
If you are interested in joining the teaching ministry at SAGU, please make contact even if no positions are posted. SAGU is always looking ahead toward future possibilities and encourages passionate teachers to submit a resume that may be available as needs arise.
Elements to Include
- Official application for employment.
During your application you will be asked about your beliefs. Please read through the SAGU Beliefs prior to answering related parts of the application.
- Full resume.
- Copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions (must be from a regionally accredited school). During preliminary interviews these transcripts may be photocopied. As candidacy formalizes, there will be a need for genuine official transcripts.
- A 3-5-page excerpt of a research paper done for any graduate level work, Master's Thesis, Doctoral Dissertation, or other published writings.
- Candidates for Church Ministries positions should submit an audio recording of an average sermon or classroom presentation.
- A written expression of your philosophy of Christian Higher Education.
- Letters of reference for the applicant
- If applicant is a credentialed minister, a statement from the district secretary confirming the applicant's credential in in good standing must be submitted with the application.
Cost of Living
To assist you to compare cost-of-living figures between the DFW/Waxahachie area and other areas of the country, recent web research reveals the following indices. The closest city approximating Cost of Living in Waxahachie is Ft. Worth/Arlington.
If Fort Worth/Arlington = 1 on the scale, then other areas relate as follows:
- Lakeland = 1.04 (Southeastern University)
- Philadelphia = 1.35 (Valley Forge Christian College)
- Minneapolis = 1.12 (North Central University)
- Springfield, MO = 1.04 (CBC; Evangel; Global; AGTS)
- Costa Mesa = 1.50 (Vanguard University)(from another site)
- Seattle = 1.43 (Northwest College)
In other words, if you made $100,000 here, you would need to make 143,000 in Seattle to enjoy the same lifestyle financially.