Media Services Assistant Director
Salary Range: $910 to $1510 Bi-Weekly
The purpose of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross culturally so as to successfully fill evangelistic, missionary and church ministry roles and to provide quality educational and professional Christian service wherever needed throughout the world.
The Assistant Director facilitates and provides support to the Director of Media Services. The Assistant Director operates campus audio/visual equipment for use in chapel, cafeteria, gym, classrooms, and special campus events and productions.
- Operate audio/visual media equipment for requested campus activities as assigned by the Director of Media Services
- Provide audio/visual setup and operation for chapel functions
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of all University audio/visual equipment
- Assist in training and coordinating student workers for audio/visual equipment setup, operation, and maintenance.
- Assist in coordinating and maintaining the duplication of all audio/visual products for the University
- Analyze and investigate ways to market audio/visual products produced by the University
- Assist with the media needs of the School of Distance Education when requested
- Knowledge of audio/visual practices, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of all facets of video, sound, and projection production, including pre- and post-production procedures and activities
- Knowledge of stage lighting, sound dynamics, and general stage production
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to operate tools and equipment used in the audio/visual field such as recorders, sound mixers, projectors, and electronic test equipment
- Ability to exercise basic human relation skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the campus community
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule as required
Reports to and is accountable to the Director of Media Services, Dean of Academic Services and the Vice President for Academics in those matters relating to on-campus assignments.
Application Process: Applications are available in the Human Resources office or one can be downloaded and printed at www.sagu.edu/employment. All 4 pages of the application, the President’s Letter and the Background Check page must be completed before the applicant will be considered for employment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office. An online application is also available at https://sagu.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/.
This position is exempt.