Assistant Director of Accounting
Assistant Director of AccountingLevel S-06
Salary Range: $1,160 - $1,835 Bi-weekly
The purpose of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is to prepare undergraduate and graduate students spiritually, academically, professionally, and cross culturally so as to successfully fill evangelistic, missionary and church ministry roles and to provide quality educational and professional Christian service wherever needed throughout the world.
The Assistant Director reports directly to the Senior Accountant. Upon requests, the Assistant Director may be asked to provide reports to the Vice President of Business and Finance or the President. The Assistant Director will assist with daily accounting functions, preparation of financial statements and preparation for the annual audit. The Assistant Director serves as the contact person for student organizations that have funds held in the custody of the University.
- Manage the daily operations of the Accounting Office
- Prepare financial reports or duties as assigned by Senior Accountant
- Oversee monthly bank statement reconciliation
- Research, implement, train staff and offer continued support for financial technology ventures
- Maintain and disseminate monthly task checklists
- Coordinate financial transactions and planning with the University Missions Dept.
- Monitor petty cash
- Assist in preparation for annual audit
- Maintain budget data in various software systems and reporting types
- Provide assistance to University budget directors
- Monitor budgets – all expenditures
- Negotiate terms of service with third party technical consultants
- Prepare and post monthly general journal entries
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting along with qualified accounting experience preferred
- Understanding of non-profit accounting, financial statement, general ledger entries and other accounting functions (i.e. HR, A/P, A/R, etc.)
- Well-developed communication skills and technological skills
- Ability to interact with other employees within the office, outside the office, with students and alumni
- Proficient in all Microsoft products
Application Process: Applications are available in the Human Resources office or one can be downloaded and printed at www.sagu.edu/employment. All 4 pages of the application, the President’s Letter and the Background Check page must be completed before the applicant will be considered for employment. Incomplete forms will not be accepted. Your resume may be included when submitting the application to the Human Resources Office. An online application is also available at https://sagu.wufoo.com/forms/application-for-employment/.
This position is exempt.