Thank you for your interest in participating in ministry by working at Southwestern Assemblies of God University. Below you will find current job openings and also information that will assist you in the application process.
Current Staff Openings
Current Faculty Openings
Completing Your Application
Southwestern Assemblies of God University
Attn: Human Resources
Waxahachie, TX 75165
Supporting Information for Faculty Applicants to Submit
If you are interested in joining the teaching ministry at SAGU, please make contact even if no positions are posted as available. SAGU is always looking ahead toward future possibilities, and therefore encourages passionate teachers to make contact and submit a resume that may be available as needs may arise.
Official application for employment.
During your application you will be asked about your beliefs. Please read through the SAGU Beliefs prior to answering related parts of the application.
- Full resume.
- Copies of transcripts from all graduate work (must be from an regionally accredited school). During preliminary interviews these transcripts may be photocopied. As candidacy formalizes, there will be a need for genuine official transcripts.
- A three to five page excerpt of a research paper done for any graduate level work, Master's Thesis, Doctoral Dissertation, or other published writings.
- Candidates for Church Ministries positions should submit a cassette tape or other recording of an average sermon or classroom presentation.
- A written expression of your philosophy of Christian Higher Education.
- Letters of reference for the applicant
- If applicant is a credentialed minister, a statement from the district secretary confirming the applicant's credential in in good standing must be submitted with the application.
Cost of Living
To assist you to compare cost-of-living figures between the DFW/Waxahachie area and other areas of the country, recent web research reveals the following indices. The closest city approximating Cost of Living in Waxahachie is Ft. Worth/Arlington.
If Fort Worth/Arlington = 1 on the scale, then other areas relate as follows:
- Lakeland = 1.04 (Southeastern College of the AG)
- Philadelphia = 1.35 (Valley Forge Christian College)
- Minneapolis = 1.12 (North Central University)
- Springfield, MO = 1.04 (CBC; Evangel; Global; AGTS)
- Santa Cruz = 1.53 (Bethany College)
- Costa Mesa = 1.50 (Vanguard University)(from another site)
- Seattle = 1.43 (Northwest College)
In other words, if you made $100,000 here, you would need to make 143,000 in Seattle to enjoy the same lifestyle financially.